We live in a world where light is essential for almost all activities. Long gone are the ancient times where a single candle lit your way to complete nightly tasks. In our modern times, you expect light to appear at the flick of a switch – which is where our thoughts on the Etekcity LED lanterns come in. This set has it all and comes highly recommended…let’s take a closer look.
Camping lanterns are versatile!
Luckily, the popularity of camping gear gives you many options to use in times of power outages. Your camping lantern can make life a little easier when utilities fail you. You’ll be surprised at their brightness and the wide beam of light they afford you. You simply need to pick the correct lantern.
For this reason, even if you’re not a camper, you should keep a lantern in your closet with all your emergency equipment as you never know when you might need it.
When choosing a camping lantern—whether for home use or in the outdoors—here are a few of the characteristics to look for:
- The lantern should be lightweight – this is more important for you campers since weight is more of a concern while in the wild
- Enough light should be produced to make a difference, even in pitch-black surroundings (it should be bright!)
- The power source should be practical for the environment you’re going to use it in
- Camping lanterns may feature many extras, but make sure you’re not paying for items you’re never going to use
Etekcity 2 Pack Portable Outdoor LED Camping Lantern
The manufacturers of this lantern take their job very seriously. This model is marketed as being made of “military-grade” quality; this should give you an idea of its durability. In addition, Etekcity makes sure it offers some practical solutions to make your next camping trip more enjoyable. Let’s discuss these other features, so you can decide whether it might serve you well.
- Firstly, this lantern is quite affordable, especially if you compare it to other lanterns with similar capabilities.
- Your camping lantern is powered by six AA batteries. These batteries are available in any store, so you can always have spares on hand or quickly purchase some if old ones run flat. Your first batch of batteries is included in your purchase! This is quite an amazing decision on Etekcity’s part, since most companies expect you to purchase batteries yourself.
- You’ll be able to use the lantern for 12 hours on a new pair of batteries. This means you can use it for an entire night without worrying about the light going out. Its low energy consumption makes this lantern an ideal option if you’re with your kids.
- It’s durable enough for heavy-duty use, but at the same time, it is light weight – weighing only 12.64 oz. You can easily carry this around with your other gear.
- The fold-able handles allow for a variety of convenient uses. You can hook it onto a branch, nail or hang it inside your tent to light a certain area. If the handles aren’t necessary, you can simply fold them away, so your lantern can be compact to use in small spaces.
- Bright light is supplied by 10 LED bulbs. LED lights offer you a long lifespan.
- The lantern’s practical design casts light in a 360° area around it. This is ideal for putting on the campground picnic table or in the common area to light your way in the dark.
- The manufacturers have so much faith in this device that you’re given a 10-year warranty.
- This is the perfect lantern to keep on hand at home because they don’t take up much space. When it’s not in use, it can collapse into its smallest form. So, you can store it wherever it may be needed, such as the basement, kitchen or even by the front door.
- It has a sleek modern design.
- The LED lights are protected by metal bars so, you can be confident that it will survive in your camping pack.
- The brightness of the white light is terrific for lighting up a large area, but may also seem quite blinding. You can collapse the lantern a bit to reduce the light when using it in your tent but you’ll probably need some tape to keep it closed.
- When they hang from their handles the weight of the lantern pulls it all the way open after a short period of time
This is a terrific camping lantern that you can use when outdoors or at home. It should check most of the boxes you have when shopping for light sources in terms of price and practicality. If you’re planning on using it for camping, it’s an easy recommendation from us here at Brighten Your Campsite.
Camping Lantern FAQ
Q: Are LED lanterns good to bring on camping trips?
A: LED lanterns are an excellent addition to your camping gear. They typically last a very long time and are sufficiently bright.
Q: How long will the batteries last on my camping lantern?
A: This depends on which type of lantern you decide on. Some will need AA batteries to power them and typically last 10 – 15 hours (like this one). Or they will be powered by an inclusive rechargeable battery pack which will extend it’s capabilities – these are typically more expensive, though. Here are two we highly recommend: LE 600lm Rechargeable LED Camping Lantern and Tough Light LED Rechargeable Lantern
Q: How many lumens do I need my camping lantern to have?
A: This is dependent on your situation. If you’re a small group, sitting around a picnic table, 100 lumens should be sufficient for playing a game of cards. However, if you want a brighter light that can light up most of your campsite you should move up to a 300+ lumen light.
Be sure to check out more of our articles about recommended camping equipment.