Camping lanterns are ideal for your next outdoor vacation but can also be used in your home. Have you taken a moment to consider the many scenarios your camping lanterns can resolve a problem for you? With the advances in technology, and thanks to companies who offer original products, you can now enjoy even more options. One of the products that breaks a few boundaries is the Suaoki LED Camping Lantern.
It’s exciting to see an original design among other products that all seem to offer the same styling. You need to make sure that these unique products offer you enough benefits in the following areas. If they don’t, it may be beneficial to stick to the tried and trusted items. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the product durable?
- Do the features justify the price?
- Does the product fulfill your requirements?
- Is the product easy to use?
The Suaoki lantern measures up in many of these departments. However, your requirements may be unique, so you need to imagine using it in your home or campground surroundings. Here are a few amazing features that stand out, which can help you make a decision about whether it’s the best camping lantern for you.
The convenience of options
Since the designers at Suaoki realize users have many different needs, the Suaoki LED camping lantern offers you many ways to utilize it effectively.
You can charge it in different ways. You only need the camp site’s electrical source to charge the lantern via USB cable. You can, of course, use your vehicle’s cigarette lighter as power source, or even a strong power bank if available.
If you’re an adventurer, you may be far from electrical sources and it’s then when the ingenious solar panel feature will make you smile. Simply place the lantern in the sun during the day; the lantern will charge enough to offer you light throughout the evening. It’s the ideal way of taking a little bit of luxury with you wherever you travel to.
Lighting sources are used for different purposes; therefore, it’s ideal if your lantern can adjust to accommodate this range of situations. The Suaoki lantern has three different modes to choose from:
- Low light—This is ideal to stretch the battery life. Since camping is about the outdoors, you may prefer this setting because it will afford you light to go about your tasks, but it won’t blind your eyes so you’re unable to take in the beauty of nature around you. When at home, you can leave your child sleeping while you use the dim light to check whether they are covered against the cold. You surely see how the unique lantern design and functionality can improve your lifestyle
- High light—When you’re searching for something in the dark, this setting will give you enough light to make out even small detail
- SOS—The light is ideal for use in hiking or climbing scenarios. It’s light enough to carry with you, and can serve as a signal to others when you’re lost or in trouble. Simply switch it to this blinking mode and wait for help to arrive
There are many ways of adjusting the casing so the lantern can answer to certain requirements:
- It comes in a modern design and you can even choose from different colors. The colorful design makes it ideal for use in children’s rooms
- You can use the lantern in its extended setting. This gives it the classic lantern effect. Alternatively, you can screw the two sides together and use it as a strong flashlight that comfortably fits into you palm.
The luxury of not needing batteries
You’ll love how lightweight this lantern is. Part of this is due to the fact that no heavy AA batteries are needed because the lantern is powered by alternative means which don’t increase its weight. The additional benefit of not needing batteries is that you don’t have to stockpile them.
The fear of running out of batteries means some campers take a whole box with them on a trip. This takes up space and if you’re planning to carry it during a hiking trip any unnecessary weight that can be eliminated is a good thing. Solar and USB are power options for this lantern so batteries are a thing of the past when you try out Suaoki’s lanterns. If you don’t mind packing batteries and want a brighter light, look no further than the Image Portable LED Camping Lantern with Ceiling Fan.
Mentioned above are some of the excellent features of the Suaoki LED lantern. It shows that the Suaoki is the ideal lantern to keep in your home and as part of your camping gear. Read through these additional features as well, so you can determine whether it’s the best camping lantern for you.
- The lantern has a Smart protection chip; this ensures your lantern won’t overcharge so the circuit boards are kept safe and in good condition
- The designers didn’t stop at providing you with light. This lantern is a strong enough power source that you can charge your smartphone via its USB connections
- It is lightweight, making it ideal for hiking and camping trips
- It can be powered via the Solar Panel or a USB charging cable so, you won’t need to worry about batteries
- It offers light for a shorter period than lanterns powered by AA batteries. By using the low brightness function you’ll still be able to use it all night (10 hours) without charging it, but this span dramatically drops when on one of the other settings
- You need to plan for charging time when this is your primary light source. It will take a few hours to recharge completely
- It offers a maximum of 65 lumens. This is about half of what other battery-operated lanterns provide. You may need a few of these to adequately illuminate your camping area, or you can use these only where that level of brightness is sufficient
You’ll love how they can play a role in many different scenarios in and around your home or camping site. Start by trying one out today and pretty soon you’ll use them everywhere. They’re reasonably priced, so they’re worth taking a chance on to discover how your lifestyle can be improved and simplified.
Camping Lantern FAQ
Q: Are LED lanterns good to bring on camping trips?
A: LED lanterns are an excellent addition to your camping gear. They typically last a very long time and are sufficiently bright.
Q: How long will the batteries last on my camping lantern?
A: This depends on which type of lantern you decide on. Some will need AA batteries to power them and typically last 10 – 15 hours (like this one). Or they will be powered by an inclusive rechargeable battery pack which will extend it’s capabilities – these are typically more expensive, though. Here are two we highly recommend: LE 600lm Rechargeable LED Camping Lantern and Tough Light LED Rechargeable Lantern
Q: How many lumens do I need my camping lantern to have?
A: This is dependent on your situation. If you’re a small group, sitting around a picnic table, 100 lumens should be sufficient for playing a game of cards. However, if you want a brighter light that can light up most of your campsite, you should move up to a 300+ lumen light.
Be sure to check out more of our articles about recommended camping equipment.